Admit it, who does not know Stephen Curry? He is one of the star players of Golden State Warriors and the player who was named as the Most Valuable Player of the NBA twice.
Well, Wardell Stephen Curry is a point guard who was regarded as one of the greatest shooters in NBA history. Not just by fans, but also by senior sports analysts. He was even credited for inspiring the teams to regularly score a three-point shot.
It might not be obvious but playing basketball is really in their blood. He is the son of former NBA player Dell Curry while his younger brother, Seth Curry is also currently a player of Dallas Mavericks.
Curry was first drafted as the seventh overall pick during the NBA Draft in 2009. Even during his early years in the NBA, the spectators have already noticed his outstanding shooting skills inside the court.
Here are some of the facts about Steph Curry you probably didn’t know:
- Curry was named as the Most Valuable Player during the 2014-15 season with an average of 23.8 points per game and 7.7 assists per game.
- After he was named as the MVP of the team, the Warriors were able to win their first title in 40 years in a match against Cleveland Cavaliers. He had an average of 26 points, 6.3 assists, 5.2 rebounds, and 1.8 steals per game.
- His mom, Sonya Curry is also an athlete. Her mother is actually one of the star players of volleyball during her college days.
- Aside from playing basketball, he is also a golfer. He shot two-under-par at Pebble Beach and had links with former President Obama at Martha’s Vineyard.
- He is extremely active in charity work. He has been an advocate for fighting against Malaria. As a matter of fact, he helped in distributing 38,000 bed nets to families at the Nyarugusu camp in Tanzania.
- Who does not love Curry? And burgers? Well, you might have not noticed but Curry was in a Burger King commercial when he was a kid.
- Every time he commits a certain number of turnovers, his mother does not forget to fine him! Maybe, this is the reason why Curry is one of the star players of the NBA! He actually had a verbal agreement with his mother agreeing that he will be fined $100 for each turnover.
- Just like the majority of us, snakes are Curry’s biggest fear.
- Before he began his NBA career, Muggsy Bogues is actually his favourite NBA player growing up. As a matter of fact, Bogues is the shortest player of the NBA and is a former teammate of his dad.
- During his sophomore year, he found a wallet with $160 at the dining hall of his school and found a way to return it.
‘It was at the beginning of my sophomore year and I found a wallet in the dining hall. We have this campus-wide email that goes out every morning – Davidson is a small community, people look out for each other, you know? – and I put it in there. But my email had my first name, Wardell, on it, so I don’t think the kid knew it was me until he showed up at my door. He was like, “you lit up Maryland in the NCAA tournament” and then asked for my autograph. Pretty funny’, he said.
- Curry has a soft spot for chick flicks. In fact, his two favourite movies are The Princess Diaries and A Walk to Remember. Something that anyone couldn’t even imagine. An NBA star player who is a fan of Princess Diaries!